UK Parliamentary Election
A General Election will be held on Thursday 12 December 2019 to elect Members of Parliament.
There are 5 candidates standing in the Stirling County Constituency. The names of the candidates are listed in the Statement of Persons Nominated and the Notice of Poll.
If you are registered to vote you will have received a poll card telling you where your polling station is.
Find the location of your polling station using our interactive map.
See also: Polling Stations.
- Notice of Persons Nominated and Notice of Poll
- Notice of Situation of Polling Stations
- Notice of Appointment of Election Agents
- Notice of election
Applications for registration, postal voting and proxy voting
Applications to be included on the register of electors or for postal or proxy votes must reach:-
The Electoral Registration Officer
Laurelhill Business Park
(Tel: 01786 892289)
by the deadlines given below.
- Registering to vote - Midnight on Tuesday 26 November 2019. You can register online at https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
- New postal vote applications and postal proxy applications and for changes to existing postal or proxy votes - 5 pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019.
- Cancel or alter postal and proxy votes, or to change from postal to proxy voting - 5 pm on Tuesday 26 November 2019
- New proxy vote applications – 5 pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019.
- Emergency proxy applications – 5 pm on 12 December 2019 - On the grounds of a medical emergency occurring after 5 pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019 or where you learn after 5 pm on Wednesday 4 December 2019 that you cannot go to the polling station because of work/service reasons.
Completed postal ballot packs must be received by the Returning Officer by 10pm on Polling Day - Thursday 12 December 2019 for the vote to be counted. If you miss the post, you can hand your postal vote in to the Election Team at Old Viewforth or hand it in at any polling station in the Stirling Council area, between 7am and 10pm on polling day (12 December 2019).
Postal Votes – Replacements for Lost or Spoilt Postal Votes
If you have lost or not received your postal vote or spoilt or damaged it contact the Postal Vote Team on 01786 233068 for further advice.
Count – Spectator Tickets
The verification and counting of votes will commence at the Albert Halls, Dumbarton Road, Stirling, FK8 2QL immediately after the close of the poll (10pm on Thursday 12 December 2019) and continue into the night.
There will be a limited number of spectator tickets available for the balcony area of the Albert Halls for members of the public and party supporters, by prior arrangement with the Election Office. Tickets will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
Anyone interested in obtaining a spectator ticket should contact the Election Office on 01786 233097/233095 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 4pm on Wednesday 11 December 2019. Spectators will require to collect their spectator tickets from the Election Office by 5pm on the day of the election.
Spectators issued with tickets will also require to bring along photographic ID before they will be admitted to the count venue. No access will be given to people turning up on the night.
Using the form or contact details on the right.