Your Stirling: You Decide Proposal Progress

Your Stirling: You Decide is Stirling’s version of participatory budgeting. The updates below are for the proposal with the most votes that are now being taken forward. 

Each successful proposal will have a Delivery Group made up of those who submitted the idea, Budget Delegates, other key stakeholders and relevant service staff. Led by a Service Officer and supported by the Community Engagement Team, the Delivery Group will work together to build detailed plans through gathering community information and support wider community engagement on the final proposal.

if you have any further questions, please get in touch.

TT2 - Create a Cycling Network from Stirling to Aberfoyle

Ward 1 - Trossachs & Teith

Proposal TT2

Initial meeting - 13 August 2019
Discussions focused on the area of the A811 and railway lines and using the railway line as a cycle track. Community Engagement - Dukes weekender cycling event - postcards were created and given out at the Dukes event.

Meeting - 17 Sept 2019 
Consideration was given to a feasibility study and it was agreed to look at Aberfoyle to Port of Menteith as a phase 1. Community Engagement was discussed. 

Meeting - 17 October
Further investigation undertaken identified some previously discussed land was privately owned and other land where work could be done. the group also heard that an Active Travel Survey is currently being done separately by Stirling Council and will feed into this project.

TT14 - Make Public Toilets Accessible in Aberfoyle

Ward 1 - Trossachs & Teith

Proposal TT14

Initial meeting - 18 September 2019
The group discussed the proposal and the types of facility, PAMIS or Changing Places Toilet. Stirling Area Access Panel (SAAP) representative advised on some technical issues to be considered. Existing public toilet attached to the Tourist Info office was suitable. 

Meeting 17 October 2019
The delivery group heard from the company working on  the Tourist Information offices to see if a toilet could be incorporated into their proposals. Council Officers will look at a sire visit to identify feasibility.

FE1 - Arnprior Playpark Activity Pavilion

Ward 2 - Forth & Endrick

Proposal FE1

Initial meeting  - 10 Sept
Site visit carried out noting considerations for the development of detailed plans. Community members are now identifying other stakeholders who needs to be involved in further meetings. Next meeting set for early November.

FE15 - Install a Pedestrian Crossing on Main Street, Buchlyvie

Ward 2 - Forth & Endrick

Proposal FE15

Initial meeting - 7 August 2019
Delivery group discussed all the issues which might affect the options including parking, access and crossing routes. Officers from Roads and Transport Service would do a feasibility study of Main street area to look at what would be possible.

Meeting - 11 September 2019
Officers brought a series of options following a feasibility study. These were discussed in some detail and shop owners contributed their issues over access and deliveries. Officers to work up options.

Meeting - 24 October 2019
Delivery group looked at all options and four were taken forward to the wider community for voting. Community Engagement was discussed including an online survey, exhibition with voting sessions and general publicity in the village. 

Voting for options will start on Monday 25 November until 8 December.

To view options and find out how to vote

DBA1 - Accessible Toilets in Dunblane

Ward 3 - Dunblane & Bridge of Allan

Proposal DBA1

Initial meeting  - 12 September 2019
Discussions took place with delivery group on types of accessible toilets and the possible locations including issues relating to them such as loss of existing toilets. 

Meeting - 26 September 2019
More discussion took place on the public understanding of accessible toilets and the group had further discussions on locations.

DBA19 - Outdoor Gym in Dunblane

Ward 3 - Dunblane & Bridge of Allan

Proposal DBA19

Initial meeting - 26 September 2019
The delivery group discussed the option to be voted on by the wider community including splitting the equipment in different locations (Laighills or Bramar and Newton Parks). Accessibility of equipment was also discussed. Further discussions on community engagement to be looked at during next meeting.

 

DBA2 - Create a Safe Walking Route

Ward 3 - Dunblane & Bridge of Allan

Proposal DBA2 (part funded)

Initial meeting  - 5 September 2019
There was an acknowledgement that the finance available would not cover improvements to all pavements. The Officers and group looked at possible routes and focusing on priority areas. A consensus was that the improvements should benefit the older people and those with dementia. Paths for All attended to advise on dementia friendly signage. Dementia Lunch Group were consulting with their members.

Meeting - 26 October
A map had been created to show known areas of high concentration of older people and their access to spaces/venues. Discussions took place on what might be able to be done with the finance available. 

SN11 - Improve Cambuskenneth Play Park

Ward 4 - Stirling North

Proposal SN11

Initial meeting  - 28 August 2019
The Group looked at issues with the existing play park and proposed a site visit possibility involving local parents in the consultation. Types of equipment was discussed and including fencing and benches. Community members discussed looking for additional funding through grants.

Meeting - 15 October
Officers brought examples of equipment and prices for discussion including accessibility. Discussions took place about installation and officers will come back with 3 options for wider consultation. Discussions took place on how wider community engagement would take place.

Voting took place from Saturday 16 November until Sunday 24 November. results will be announced shortly.

 

SN13 - Improve Lovers Walk (known as Lovers Lane), Riverside

Ward 4 - Stirling North

SN13 Proposal

Initial meeting  - 4 September
Discussions took place on the condition of the area, ownership and what could be done with the finances available. 

Meeting  - 10 October
Cancelled - to be re-arranged.

SN14 - Improve Roads and Pavements in Cambuskenneth

Ward 4 - Stirling North

SN14 Proposal

Initial meeting - 28 August 2019
Group discussed a walk round to look at the condition of road. Officers could then carry out a survey and provide options for going forward.

Meeting - 15 October 2019
Officers came back with options and costings for the work which the group discussed.

Voting for the road and pavement improvements took place from Saturday 16 November until Sunday 24 November. Results will be announced shortly.

SW8 - Improve Play Equipment at Beechwood Park

Ward 5 - Stirling West

SW8 Proposal

Initial meeting  - 29 August 2019
Discussion took place on possible equipment, seating and tables including accessibility. The group discussed looking at other parks and what equipment is available.  

Meeting - 3 September 2019
7th Scouts shared a survey of parents around the possible ideas. Officers brought information on the equipment available from suppliers with costs and gave information on how to look for other funding sources. The group discussed community engagement on the final proposals.

Voting on the final options for the play equipment will be open from 2 to 8 December.

To view options and vote

SW16 - Kings Park Toilets Upgraded

Ward 5 - Stirling West

Proposal SW16

Initial meeting - 3 October 2019
The group discussed the present condition of toilets and the issues that needed dealt with. Officers discussed costs and the need to look at priorities as both internal and external work would not be possible. Officers would carry out a survey of the toilet to bring back to the group. A site visit was arranged.

Site Visit - 11 October 2019
Officers provided an Asset condition survey which had been carried out. The water issues were discussed but officers acknowledged that this is the responsibility of Scottish Water. 

SW18 - Outdoor Gym & Running Track (Beechwood)

Ward 5 - Stirling West

SW18 Proposal (part funded)

Initial meeting  - 29 August 2019
Discussion took place on possibilities for the finance available and how this would work with the other Beechwood proposal SW8.

Meeting - 3 September 2019
Scouts presented a survey they had done with parents. 

Due to finance, it was decided to focus on the outdoor gym equipment. Officers gathered types of equipment which can be purchased for the finance available. Illustrations of the equipment can be viewed below or at Stirling High School on Tuesday 3 December from 4.00 - 6.00pm.

Equipment being installed

SE2 - Upgrade Play Park in Afton Court, Braehead

Ward 6 - Stirling East

Proposal SE2

Initial meeting - 27 August 2019
Delivery group heard of previous consultation and work done to park and the hope to have toddler play equipment and outdoor gym to make the park family friendly. Officers would look at equipment types and costings.

Meeting - 8 October 2019
Officers brought equipment catalogues with various play equipment packages and adult gym equipment. There was a discussion on the suitability of various ground covering and their costings. There was discussion on taking several options out to the wider community for final approval.

Meeting - 12 November 2019
Equipment options will be taken out to the community on 2 - 8 December to decide on final play equipment to be installed.

View options and vote

SE3 - Improve the Play Park next to Crawford Hall

Ward 6 - Stirling East

Proposal SE3

Initial meeting - 27 August 2019
Delivery group discussed the proposal which was voted on and the reasons for not including the Crawford hall path in a single proposal due to costs. These was discussion on other options for taking the path improvements forward.

Meeting - 8 October 2019
Officers brought details on the repair and upgrading of equipment already installed including ground covering. Costings were being sought from the supplier.

Meeting - 12 November 2019
Equipment options will be taken out to the community on 2 - 8 December to decide on final play equipment to be installed.

View options and vote

SE4 - Netting round Braehead Football Park

Ward 6 - Stirling East

Proposal SE4 (part funded)

Initial meeting - 27 August 2019
Discussions took place on what could be done with the finance available - amount of netting, height etc. It was noted the Community Garden would need access to maintain the fence. Officers to look at drawings and costings.

Meeting - 8 October 2019
A site visit was organised and information on discussions during the visit would be fed back to next full meeting of delivery group in November.

BB33 - Improve Polmaise Play Park, Fallin

Ward 7 - Bannockburn

Proposal BB33 (combined meetings with BB34 and BB25)

Initial meeting - 21 August 2019
Delivery group heard about the findings of the consultations carried out with local groups, parent & child breakfast club, mothers & Toddlers group, Schools, out of school club, residents and through the Community Council Facebook page. Discussions took place on providing the wiser community with visual materials and what type of community engagement would be most effective. Officers provided quotes for a variety of play equipment for all ages and abilities. It was agreed further quotes would be looked at for the next meeting.

Consultation images

Meeting - 24 September 2019
More input was brought to the meeting on community preferences and engagement. A range of designs and quotes were distributed for the group to see what was possible and a discussion took place on the accessibility aspects of the park. It was agreed to encourage young people to be part of the delivery group.

A site visit of the parks with group members and council officers was also carried out on Tuesday 1 October to look at both parks (BB34) to see where play equipment could be placed and drainage issues affecting the park.

Meeting 22 October 2019
Discussions took place on netting and ground coverings. briefs are being sent to suppliers. There was discussion on additional funding for fences and benches with information passed on about support available to help with any funding bids.Decisions were made on the wider community engagement and how this might be done, time-scales and voting methods.

More community engagement information will be available on the Polmaise Community Council Facebook page

BB34 - Upgrade Drypow Play Park/Top Park, Fallin

Ward 7 - Bannockburn

Proposal BB34 (combined meetings with BB34 and BB25)

Initial meeting - 21 August 2019
Delivery group heard about the findings of the consultations carried out with local groups, parent & child breakfast club, mothers & Toddlers group, Schools, out of school club, residents and through the Community Council Facebook page. Discussions took place on providing the wiser community with visual materials and what type of community engagement would be most effective. Officers provided quotes for a variety of play equipment for all ages and abilities. It was agreed further quotes would be looked at for the next meeting.

Consultation images

Meeting - 24 September 2019
More input was brought to the meeting on community preferences and engagement. A range of designs and quotes were distributed for the group to see what was possible and a discussion took place on the accessibility aspects of the park. It was agreed to encourage young people to be part of the delivery group.

A site visit of the parks with group members and council officers was also carried out on Tuesday 1 October to look at both parks (BB34) to see where play equipment could be placed and drainage issues affecting the park.

Meeting 22 October 2019
Discussions took place on netting and ground coverings. briefs are being sent to suppliers. There was discussion on additional funding for fences and benches with information passed on about support available to help with any funding bids.Decisions were made on the wider community engagement and how this might be done, time-scales and voting methods.

More community engagement information will be available on the Polmaise Community Council Facebook page

BB25 - Upgrading Sports Pavilion in Fallin

Ward 7 - Bannockburn

Proposal BB25 (combined meetings with BB34 and BB25)

Initial meeting - 21 August 2019
Delivery group heard about the findings of the consultations carried out with local groups, parent & child breakfast club, mothers & Toddlers group, Schools, out of school club, residents and through the Community Council Facebook page. Discussions took place on providing the wiser community with visual materials and what type of community engagement would be most effective. Officers provided quotes for a variety of play equipment for all ages and abilities. It was agreed further quotes would be looked at for the next meeting.

Consultation images

Meeting - 24 September 2019
More input was brought to the meeting on community preferences and engagement. A range of designs and quotes were distributed for the group to see what was possible and a discussion took place on the accessibility aspects of the park. It was agreed to encourage young people to be part of the delivery group.

A site visit of the parks with group members and council officers was also carried out on Tuesday 1 October to look at both parks (BB34) to see where play equipment could be placed and drainage issues affecting the park.

Meeting 22 October 2019
Discussions took place on netting and ground coverings. briefs are being sent to suppliers. There was discussion on additional funding for fences and benches with information passed on about support available to help with any funding bids.Decisions were made on the wider community engagement and how this might be done, time-scales and voting methods.

More community engagement information will be available on the Polmaise Community Council Facebook page

Rate this Page