BetterOff is a service for people who live in Stirling. BetterOff will show you the benefits you are entitled to and will help you to apply for them online. BetterOff also provides information on how to find and apply for jobs.
Advice Stirling offers free, confidential and impartial money, debt and benefit advice to citizens within the Stirling area. Our trained advisors can also help you prepare and provide representation at welfare benefit appeal hearings.
The Macmillan Money Matters service is a joint initiative between Macmillan Cancer Support, NHS Forth Valley, Stirling Council, Falkirk Council and the Department for Work and Pensions. The team advises patients living in the Forth Valley area and provides full benefits checks and assistance to apply for all eligible benefits and grants
Stirling Council Digital Inclusion project offers free and tailored help to complete beginners or those looking to improve their digital skills. We aim to improve your confidence using a wide variety of services online
Although we can refer you to appropriate partner organisations, the service cannot directly assist with the following:
- Representation at Court or Tribunal where Stirling Council is the creditor (e.g. housing benefit, rent arrears);
- Complete Child Disability Living Allowance (DLA) claim forms and challenge decisions; and /or
- Provide regulated financial advice (e.g. advice related to investing, retirement, insurance, college savings, estate planning, taxes etc)
- Advice Services Annual Statistics 2018-19
- Common Advice Performance Management Reporting Framework Summary 2017/18
- Common Advice Performance Management Reporting Framework Summary 2018/19
- Advice Team Newsletter